• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with an extreme fear of the dentist or dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Found a hard lump in my inner cheek and now i'm terrified

E

ElaineW93

Tonight i found this hard lump in my inner cheek, i had felt something there for a couple of days, but it seemed to come and go, so i didn't pay much attention to it, but now it seems to be like, a proper hard lump, and i'm very scared

imgur.com/a/QojBbkG#V0BDi6i

Last edited:
E

ElaineW93

the lump is hard and mostly painless, like the cheek feels a bit irritated and bothers me a bit when i pass my tongue near it, but it's not pain-pain

G

geos

I’m not a doctor, but this seems to be in the area of your parotid duct. An extra info you could give is, do you have a fever?

E

ElaineW93

Not at the moment, i have had a bit of flu with a bit of heat last week, but i think i'm fine now?

The lump is very much hard/solid also

E

ElaineW93

I think now it sort of "deflated" and looks less like a lump, but the skin there is still the same color. I think this happened multiple times in the previous days...

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
You've most likely caught the parotid saliva gland duct when you were chewing. It'll get better in a few days.