• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Found! Caring sensitive dentist in Melbourne!

O

OzFraidyCat

I have been logging onto this site for just over a year. I haven't been to the dentist in over 10 years .... and the worst part is that I have already put myself through this before when I went to the dentist 10 years ago I hadn't been for ten years before that!! I would lie awake at night worrying about my teeth, convinced that i could feel them getting looser. I had lost one tooth (inthe back so no one could see) and one was broken (also in back) then 3 weeks ago, the worst happened, the tooth next to my 4 front teeth broke! I couldn't hide any longer. Luckily I found a dentist who was totally understanding, didn't judge me just told me how great it was that I had come in and that he knew how hard it had been for me! Huge breakthrough, the last dentist I saw just lectured me for not coming in and then used the scare tactics that I would start to loose teeth if I didn't continue to come.

anyway yesterday I had my broken tooth repaired and I can smile and talk again without feeling self-conscious! I really urge you if you are reading this to pick up the phone and make an appointment!!! You won't believe what a relief that first meeting is!!

What a great success story! Way to go on overcoming your fear!

Thank you I just really hope that anyone reading this will feel encouraged to take that first gigantic step. Like I said, I logged onto this site for over a year and it finally did make me realise that I wasn't alone with my fears and thoughts. But I would read someone's story of getting to the dentist and think that will never happen for me, so again just urge anyone reading to take the plunge. You won 't believe how much better and happier your life will be when you don't spend it thinking about your teeth, worrying that they are going to fall out or not being able to smile I'm not through yet, still have another broken tooth to get repaired, one to be removed and a missing replaced but that first step was the hardest I think!

Would you like to recommend this dentist in the Dentistfinder?

Back