• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Four unit bridge advice!

K

Kelly45

Evening! Looking for some advice please for those who have a dental bridge/considering one? Since my early twenties I have had extensive dental work done e.g. 5 crowns on my teeth, root canal treatment and extractions. Since then I had a gap on the lower teeth (second from the back, the far back is a crown) I also had to have an extraction next to it when I was pregnant with my second child as they couldn't xray/or save the tooth. So I have a two tooth gap at the back of my mouth one gap has been there since my twenties the other for the last four years. I am a very nervous but realistic patient and saw the dentist yesterday about getting this gap eventually sorted as the natural tooth the other side of the gap is starting to feel a bit weird has a slight bit of decay on the side. The dentist said I may not be an ideal candidate for an implant due to bone loss. He mentioned a partial denture but didn't recommend it. The next option was a bridge. I am aware two teeth would need filing down but one is a crown and the other has a spot of decay on it. What do you guys think?

I am a little undecided..cost will be approx £2000 (private) for a four tooth bridge. If left the gap remains which may cause problems at a later date? The decay on the tooth next to the gap may worsen...but hasn't in the last four years since the removal of the adjoining tooth. Also if/when the bridge fails I have another gap nearer to the front of my mouth whereas there would of been a natural tooth there.

Any advice greatly appreciated...please :) sorry for the long post!!

Hi welcome to the forum.

I would go for the bridge if it were me, I have a four on one bridge at the back of my mouth upper. I have had mine for about 30 years now and it has been fine. You just need to clean them a little bit differently which your dentist can explain with super floss.

Back