• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

freaking out -tooth ache

E

Envirochick12887

Hey, so recent had all my teeth crowned 3 weeks ago and it’s been slow going with trying to eat. Jaws been retry sore, teeth have been sensitive, some temps have fallen out a few times. But today, one of my teeth that was crowned before became sore, like felt high and hurt when biting down on it. I took Advil just 10 min ago and it’s starting to feel mostly all better but it’s still a little sore and just feels inflamed. I am absolutely terrified about dealing with it. I’m petrified it won’t go away. It was fine up until 2 hours ago. At this moment it doesn’t feel sensitive to cold or hot. I’m so struggling with this whole bite change that i drastically needed. This has just been one big emotional roller coaster and I want to get off! Has anyone had a toothache that goes away? How do you know it needs a root canal?

Just an update for anyone who wanted one, I was able to get a hold of my dentist who after hearing my symptoms does not believe it needs a root canal but that I need an adjustment because that side is too high. I’m praying it gets better after I start taking 600mg of Advil like he wants me to do. After absolutely having a melt down about my teeth today I’m exhausted and trying to keep my head up. Here goes nothing!

Sorry your going through this. I hope you get it resolved as soon as possible. It's frustrating because it feels like your going one step forward and two steps back. The important thing I think is that your recognising signs of your own teeth and more importantly your contacting your dentist to let them know. Keep us posted on how everything works out I'm sure it will be fine.

Thanks. It sure feels just like that! It’s hard to remain positive and be in a good mood when it’s just so unpleasant. I’ll keep the updates coming. This forum has been so helpful on my journey and I so appreciate the kind words from people on here.

That's the hard part isn't it when your already a nervous/anxious patient and things aren't going great. I had the same problem with one of my teeth I had it filled then half of the tooth broke off. She replaced it and it cracked due to me grinding my teeth in my sleep. She has now had to re-cover that tooth and if it doesn't stick this time I'm going to need rct and a crown. I'm terrified for root canal all I've heard is terrible things about it :( if it stays okay I will be getting a mouth guard for when sleeping. Just keep strong and focused and know that you will get the final result you need for your teeth. The main thing is your actually doing something about it, there's so many people who leave their oral health and don't look after their teeth. Yes keep us posted and I agree the forum is great for support I can genuinely say I wouldn't be where I am today without all of you guys!

Thank you for the support! I really hope that things go good for your tooth! I’m thinking good thoughts for your next dentist apt!

I updated the dentist this morning and now my two teeth are sore and the gum below is super swollen/sore. But nothing is throbbing, thank god! He said it sounds like there is something in the gums and the tooth is too high. Praying that’s it and I can last until Tuesday when he’s back from his trip.

Here’s an update for anyone that wanted one. I was up most of the night in discomfort and my mouth was throbbing and I ended up getting an emergency root canal. My face was so swollen and painful to the touch. I am so fortunate they were able to come in and help me out. My entire life I’ve been so afraid of a root canal and in fact it’s the before getting the canal cleaned that’s by far the worst. Tooth pain is no joke at all!

Sorry you were in so much pain all night. but really glad they could get you in on emergency and get the root canal done! Glad it wasn't too bad either.. and really hoping. this will give you relief from all the bad pain!! Hope you can rest a bit

Thanks! So far just super sore but the nagging throbbing pain is pretty much all gone, comes back when it’s about time for another Tylenol, but seems to be so much better than this morning. Unreal how painful teeth can get!

Back