• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Freaking out - why are my teeth brown? (warning: teeth photo)

G

gadsie

I took this picture today. This is the first time I viewed my teeth with this angle. There were mainly 2 things that freaked me out. The brown surfaces under my permanent retainer and the brown molar which I circled. I went to the dentist less than a month ago for a general checkup so it should be fine but my dental anxiety won't let me relax. I brush my teeth very well lately. I thought maybe it could be discolouration of the glue of the retainer, but the area seems to large for that explanation.

Then that molar. I actually had this checked out by a dentist last week (for another reason) but he said there was no problem. I do have a small filling there, but what could possibly make it so brown?

Hopefully somebody can calm me down.. or give me the incentive to call the dentist again.

Attachments

Last edited:
Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
The bit at the front is staining of the cement that your retainer is bonded in with, the last molar looks like general staining, it's in a fairly difficult place to get a toothbrush to, so I'm not surprised it's picking up some stain.