• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Freaking out - why are my teeth brown? (warning: teeth photo)

G

gadsie

I took this picture today. This is the first time I viewed my teeth with this angle. There were mainly 2 things that freaked me out. The brown surfaces under my permanent retainer and the brown molar which I circled. I went to the dentist less than a month ago for a general checkup so it should be fine but my dental anxiety won't let me relax. I brush my teeth very well lately. I thought maybe it could be discolouration of the glue of the retainer, but the area seems to large for that explanation.

Then that molar. I actually had this checked out by a dentist last week (for another reason) but he said there was no problem. I do have a small filling there, but what could possibly make it so brown?

Hopefully somebody can calm me down.. or give me the incentive to call the dentist again.

Attachments

• verwijderen.jpg
    verwijderen.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
The bit at the front is staining of the cement that your retainer is bonded in with, the last molar looks like general staining, it's in a fairly difficult place to get a toothbrush to, so I'm not surprised it's picking up some stain.

Back