• Welcome! It's great to see you.

Most of our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who have an extreme fear of the dentist, or a fear of specific things that they dread about dental visits. Other members have had these fears at some point in their lives. Amongst our membership there is a wealth of expertise that has been developed through having to deal with dental phobia and anxiety.

We are an actively moderated forum with a team of experienced moderators that works hard to keep the forum safe for visitors and members.

We are also lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators, who can help with any dental (or other!) questions you may have. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dentist. We are always happy to welcome new dentists to our community - please do join in the discussions!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Free resource pack for supporting survivors and victims of abuse and trauma at the dentist

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Came across a very useful resource pack on the VictimFocus website: https://www.victimfocus.org.uk/resources-for-professionals (scroll down a little).

There's an excellent "Your Wellbeing During Dental Appointments" form which anyone who has experienced trauma or abuse could use to let their dentist know how they feel beforehand (see attachment).

Attachments

kitkat

kitkat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure if it’s just me, but the attachment is not working. It just brings up jibberish like it is maybe a broken link? I am on my ipad so it could be a compatibility issue but not sure.

kitkat

kitkat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Strange, just tried again on my cell phone and it loads just fine so it must be a compatibility issue with the ipad.

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
It works for me, but you could try going to the link I mentioned above and then download the resource pack (it's a zip file). It contains 4 documents, and one of them is the "Your Wellbeing During Dental Appointments" form. Not sure if that would work on the iPad?

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
The form is brilliant. Also the poster / flyer for dental practices that is contained in the dental pack. How did you find this woman? I can't believe I haven't come across that earlier.