• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Frenum lower after extraction & implant

F

fortcon

Hi all,
I’ve got an appointment with my oral surgeon next month, but just wanted to know if it’s possible that the frenum (had to google what this was called ?) can ‘move’ lower?
Two months ago I had a premolar extracted and the first stage of an implant. Since then I’ve felt a pulling sensation from that area, which I’ll admit is almost gone, but not 100%. I’ve noticed that the frenum above this area comes down lower and closer to the teeth than that on the other side, is this something that can happen and can be causing this slight feeling?
I’ll bring it up on my next appointment as on my last appointment he told me he had to do a graft and will take a bit for my gum to heal.

They aren't usually absolutely symmetrical, so it's possibly always been like this. I suspect the feeling is just normal healing going on.

Back