• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Front lower teeth hurt upon waking up

G

grim

Hi

Lately I've been waking up with my severe pain in my lower frontal teeth. It feels as if they were under some kind of pressure.
After waking up the pain goes away after about 10 minutes, the teeth are sensitive throughout the entire day (it wears off gradually).
At first I thought it was caused by me sleeping on either one of the sides, so I started sleeping on my back, that seemed to help abit, but yesterday I woke up several times with the pain.
This lead me to the conclusion that perhaps I am somehow pressing them against the upper teeth/grinding them while asleep. I remember this happening to me over the course of the last year or so (can't remember further back), but I never payed enough attention to it as it would usually only happen once in a while.
About a year ago I've had the bottom 2 of my wisdom teeth removed. The dentist then told me that they would have to remove the upper teeth as well since otherwise they will be hurting my lower gum, well they do (sometimes I wake up and the gum under one of the upper wisdom teeth hurt).
I started suspecting that perhaps that is the reason why I am grinding/pressing my teeth?
I am going to the dentist tomorrow for consultation, I would really rather not have the upper wisdom tooth removed as its perfectly healthy, and the healing process from the removal is horrible.
Looking forward to hear your advice.

Last edited:
Aw bless you - I am not any sort of health pro least of all a dentist, But I hope you get your answer about your wisdom teeth xx

could be grinding at night- have a guard made if needed

Back