• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Front teeth is little forward after the fillings done. Is this normal?

U

Useruser

Hi all,
I had my cavities done 8 months back in the teeth numbers 13,14,15,19. I usually have my front teeth a little forward compared to others. But it doesn't bother me to close the mouth or to talk. Now after the fillings and after many bite adjustments, I feel the front teeth move bit forward when compared to the teeth before the fillings done. Now, I feel littlr difficult to close the mouth.Does it related to fillings gap/ void or the teeth move forward over the time?
I still have issues with my fillings and it give me some discomfort on the left side of the mouth. My dentist said it could be air bubbles. Whether this makes the front teeth move forward?or bite issues?

Is this normal? Please help.
Thank you.

Dr. Daniel

Dr. Daniel

Verified dentist
Hi,

The front teeth can move forward (we call it flared teeth) as a result of fillings at the back molars.
I do not agree with the "bubbles explanation". The bite issue as well as the flaring probably have to do with the fillings.

U

Useruser

Hi,

The front teeth can move forward (we call it flared teeth) as a result of fillings at the back molars.
I do not agree with the "bubbles explanation". The bite issue as well as the flaring probably have to do with the fillings.
Thank you so much for the reply
@Dr. Daniel.
If that issue is because of the fillings, what should I do to get it corrected?