• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Front teeth removal question (new & petrified)

M

Missy Ann

Hi,
After years of suffering dental phobia I have to have 3 of my upper front teeth removed on Thursday. My question is - are front teeth harder to remove than larger back teeth?
So scared of what I'm about to face:confused:

Hey there, I'm new too and am due to get 2 extractions in a week myself, also front upper teeth (#7 & #11). I've had molars pulled before and those weren't that bad, and I have read that front teeth are easier to pull because of the accessibility and the fact that the roots aren't as big. One of the teeth I'm going to have out is a canine, I guess those have the longest roots of all the teeth and tend to cause more swelling when removed...I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you have the least amount of discomfort possible. Let me know how it goes!

Extraction its self is easy but hardest part is shoot it has to hurt and tell your dentist to inject it slowly
I mean he/she knows it but just to be on safe side.

With the exception of canines generally front teeth are easier to remove. Please be certain that they must be removed.

Extraction its self is easy but hardest part is shoot it has to hurt and tell your dentist to inject it slowly
I mean he/she knows it but just to be on safe side.
Thanks for that :/

Hey there, I'm new too and am due to get 2 extractions in a week myself, also front upper teeth (#7 & #11). I've had molars pulled before and those weren't that bad, and I have read that front teeth are easier to pull because of the accessibility and the fact that the roots aren't as big. One of the teeth I'm going to have out is a canine, I guess those have the longest roots of all the teeth and tend to cause more swelling when removed...I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you have the least amount of discomfort possible. Let me know how it goes!
Thank you. I will let you know x

P.S I'm having iv sedation

You should be fine then with the IV sedation, I had that when I needed all 4 bony impacted wisdom teeth removed. If it would have been a quicker operation I believe I wouldn't have felt any pain at all, but there were complications so it took over 3 hours. Yours should be out within minutes, you will be kind of groggy and numb immediately afterwards, just make sure you take your pain meds before the numbness wears off completely and get some sleep, you will feel much better in a couple days. Best of luck!

You should be fine then with the IV sedation, I had that when I needed all 4 bony impacted wisdom teeth removed. If it would have been a quicker operation I believe I wouldn't have felt any pain at all, but there were complications so it took over 3 hours. Yours should be out within minutes, you will be kind of groggy and numb immediately afterwards, just make sure you take your pain meds before the numbness wears off completely and get some sleep, you will feel much better in a couple days. Best of luck!

I cancelled my appointment

Hello. Greetings from the Philippines.

Did you really cancel your appointment? I also had my front teeth removed about a week ago. I was surprised that it did not hurt. Not even a little bit. Removed 4 teeth in about a minute.

You should be fine. As i have said in my previous replies in other threads, my only regret is that i did not go to my dentist sooner. Now i have no more teeth and im waiting a month for impressions. Going to have full dentures in 6 weeks.

Please do not put it off any longer. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Hello. Greetings from the Philippines.

Did you really cancel your appointment? I also had my front teeth removed about a week ago. I was surprised that it did not hurt. Not even a little bit. Removed 4 teeth in about a minute.

You should be fine. As i have said in my previous replies in other threads, my only regret is that i did not go to my dentist sooner. Now i have no more teeth and im waiting a month for impressions. Going to have full dentures in 6 weeks.

Please do not put it off any longer. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

thank you x
yes, I cancelled. The fear got the better of me :(
i have, however, rebooked for Monday coming. Xx

Good luck for Monday, :clover::clover::clover: I hope you feel able to make it, it isn't as bad as you are thinking. It isn't bad at all. This time is the worst because we put ourselves through sheer mental torture and nothing the dentist does even comes close to what our imagination does to us.

We are our own worst enemies, everything crossed for you :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::butterfly:

Back