• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Front tooth filling and flipper fitting moved up

S

scared2bthere

Well today I had an appt to have a pain issue looked at and to ask the Dentist about a tooth that had been scheduled for a filling if it was still going to be ok because just this morning I lost a piece off of it and it was my very front and I was hoping like heck I wouldn't lose it.

Anyway I was TERRIFIED of getting injections in the front of my mouth. This is why I am losing the two teeth adjacent to the front and the one front was decayed.

So I was there, he asked if I wanted to go ahead and I said sure.

The injections weren't bad. A little more painful than the others but not intolerable. I was numb up to my nose which is slowly wearing off now and it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated either.

Well another step done. I sat there and my heart was beating rapidly which just happens but I think I left a little less afraid.

Congradulations:jump:

I am so happy to hear it went well.
Great job.

Be proud of yourself:cloud9:

Aww Thank you Mary!! :XXLhug:

Well done! :jump: :jump: As Mary said, you should be proud of yourself so give yourself a big pat on the back and :cheers:! I'm glad that you got through everything and left a little more confident. You did it!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your story, I'm sure it will help others who are in similar situations.

:grouphug:

Thanks Takingflight! :grouphug:

On another good note I am now 2 weeks ahead of where I was to get my two top extractions and my flipper.

Soon after that is when I will have most of the painful teeth out and I will be able to really enjoy somehting tasy sweet to eat for the first time in ages.

I'm not sure if I want a Hot fudge Sundae or a cookie dough brownie. :drool:

OMGosh or one of my faves. A Homemade in my smoothie maker vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries blended into a thick creamy milk shake.

I'm not a huge sweet eater but once in a while I love a nice treat. I'm looking foreward to it.

There's no contest! If it were me it would be hot fudge sundae and cookie dough brownie (whatever that is!)

There's no contest! If it were me it would be hot fudge sundae and cookie dough brownie (whatever that is!)

Yeah as ever SS is right -you deserve BOTH!

hi scared2bethere, please could you tell me what they did to your front tooth and how bad the decay was as i have the same problem and it may help to alleviate my fears slightly xx

kay,
I had decay on the backside working toward the center and on the right side of my very front tooth. The day I went, a small piece of tooth broke off where it was decayed. The Dentist was able to numb it up, remove the decay and get it filled. I feel so relieved now to have it done and it really wasn't a bad experience at all. I was really worried the tooth was going to be lost.

Back