• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Front Tooth Slightly Loose

D

DA11AS

taking a break from the forum
Can anyone offer some help and support please?

I bit into a hard cracker with my front teeth, the left one ached for days afterwards. It felt bigger than the other one, had some pain for the first two days, and then pain subsided.

I have noticed the tooth is ever so slightly loose, you can move it backwards and forwards. It does not hurt when I move it or wiggle it, but the tooth does still feel odd and aches on and off.

The tooth is not sensitive to hot or cold, if I bite on it, there is no pain, but it does feel odd and uncomfortable.

Will I end up loosing the tooth, can the tooth heel?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Last edited:
How old are you? Are you a smoker?

Hi, I'm in my early 40's, non smoker.

Last edited:
If you have put too much pressure on the one tooth then you may have simply sprained the ligament around it. Give it a couple of days and it should go back to normal.
I would recommend you have a dentist look at it just to make sure

Thank you for your reply.

Hi, It has been 5 weeks since the cracker indecent, saw a dentist in week 2, took an x-ray and couldn't see anything wrong.

The ache seems to come and go, but always has a dull ache feeling.

This past week the tooth has been feeling slightly better, but it has also been aching badly a few times for long periods. (it has been driving me crazy).

Back