• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Frustrated and not sure what to think

M

MountainMama

My endodontist said the front tooth needed an apicoectomy, and was not trigeminal neuralgia. She did the cone beam scan at the end of the appointment, after scheduling the apico, so I didn't even get to discuss it with her. She said, based oon my symptoms, and what she could feel, I have a fistula that was forming, and most likely a sinus tract.

However, I am still having random pain while on the antibiotics she prescribed. The front tooth has pain that comes and goes.

My bottom first molar on the left was aching like crazy, and heat and cold sensitive. Then it switched to the top 1st molar. It was aching and sore for two days. Now my lower left 2nd molar hurts. It feels like I am hitting part of that molar on the top 1st molar when I chew. Could that cause all the aching that comes and goes? Or could it be TN? Or am I just crazy?

I had to stop wearing the night guard because it was making my top teeth (not root canal tooth) hurt. I bought an OTC night guard that basically has two plastic plates that go between your molars and are attached by a flexible piece. It keeps me from clenching and has helped the front teeth not hurt.

I feel like everything I do to fix one problem causes another.

Hi,

What you are asking is whether it is safe to assume that there is one diagnose that explains all symptoms are they are separated from now another. Naturally, I don't know without seeing you, but.... night grinding can certainly explain the sensitivity in several areas in your mouth.
If the OTC night guard helps (and if it does, the difference should be evident within a few days) I would wait with further treatment.

Hi,

What you are asking is whether it is safe to assume that there is one diagnose that explains all symptoms are they are separated from now another. Naturally, I don't know without seeing you, but.... night grinding can certainly explain the sensitivity in several areas in your mouth.
If the OTC night guard helps (and if it does, the difference should be evident within a few days) I would wait with further treatment.

Thanks. I don't even know if I knew what I was asking. I have been wearing the night guard for several nights, and it really isn't helping. Well, the molars don't hurt in the morning. They usually start hurting throughout the day, getting worse in the evening, so could that be something with my bite? After all this dental work, I know my bite is off a little with the molars. Having two 2nd molars extracted put more contact on my first molars. Only one has a deep filling. The other three have small fillings.

Both my upper first molar and lower 1st and 2nd molars were hurting at different times today, spontaneous pain. I went ahead and called the dentists office. They can't get me in until next Wednesday, since my denist left the practice and the remaining dentist is having to cover it all. I understand that. I am on antibiotics right now, so I am worried the pain will increase once those are finished on Saturday.

I just hope the dentist isn't so busy that he blows it off, since I have been in so much the past six months. I have the apico next Thursday, and I am going to call the endodontists office to have them send over the cone beam scan that I had done last week to the dentist. Maybe something on one of the molars will show up.

Back