• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

frustrated

T

tazey

So nearly 2mths since my implants were placed+it honestly feels like 10 the op was done now they've just left me to it+dont want to know untill october. I know some things can't be rushed but there must be some sort of temporary way to cover the posts,if I had a job I wouldn't be able to look like this. People keep telling me to be patient but till when? Its not doing me any good being stuck indoors.

Oh+also getting hassle from the job centre again.

Obviously I am not the expert, but I don't think there is much they can do until October. I know that I have been warned to be careful with the implant until the four months is up. Now that I have passed the torque test and they are stable, I don't have to worry so much.

With my front tooth coming out soon, I had asked the oral surgeon about covering it after the implant was in, and he said he has had quite a few patients that had a temporary crown put on at the same time as the implant, for aesthetics, and then the implant failed because they couldn't keep their tongue off it, and all the micro movements caused the implant to fail to fuse with the bone.

I can imagine how frustrating it would be for you, especially when you have the implants in now. I know I am dreading just the loss of my front tooth, so I can only imagine how you feel!

I have kids, and last year when I was going through all the stuff with my front tooth, amd getting molars extracted, I went through about three months where I could barely talk because of the pain in my front tooth, and when I did, it sounded funny. I was so embarrassed having to speak to other parents ar my kids school events or ball gamed. Not to mention I frequently had bruises on my jaw from extractions and the implant surgery. Everyone kept asking me what was wrong, and I had to explain because I didn't want them to think my husband was abusing me (which is what he was afraid everyone would think). It isn't something I wanted everyone to know.

Hi tazey,

Some dentists put a temporary crown on each implant (for good dental reasons) and some don’t (if it’s an esthetic problem then the considerations might be different).
In any case, if you want a temporary crown, you are entitled of having one. I would expect your dentist to come up with a solution: maybe a removable flipper or make a temp crown himself or even maybe referring you to a colleague who does that.
When there is a will there is a way.

Obviously I am not the expert, but I don't think there is much they can do until October. I know that I have been warned to be careful with the implant until the four months is up. Now that I have passed the torque test and they are stable, I don't have to worry so much.

With my front tooth coming out soon, I had asked the oral surgeon about covering it after the implant was in, and he said he has had quite a few patients that had a temporary crown put on at the same time as the implant, for aesthetics, and then the implant failed because they couldn't keep their tongue off it, and all the micro movements caused the implant to fail to fuse with the bone.

I can imagine how frustrating it would be for you, especially when you have the implants in now. I know I am dreading just the loss of my front tooth, so I can only imagine how you feel!

I have kids, and last year when I was going through all the stuff with my front tooth, amd getting molars extracted, I went through about three months where I could barely talk because of the pain in my front tooth, and when I did, it sounded funny. I was so embarrassed having to speak to other parents ar my kids school events or ball gamed. Not to mention I frequently had bruises on my jaw from extractions and the implant surgery. Everyone kept asking me what was wrong, and I had to explain because I didn't want them to think my husband was abusing me (which is what he was afraid everyone would think). It isn't something I wanted everyone to know.
idk I've just read that most people have them covered esp if they work+have to face the public I don't think anyone would want to walk around like this. I guess I'm lucky in that I don't have kids to take to school etc however the job centre will be phoning me tommorow they seem to think now I've had the op I'm fit for work asap even tho I'm nowhere near done.

Hi tazey,

Some dentists put a temporary crown on each implant (for good dental reasons) and some don’t (if it’s an esthetic problem then the considerations might be different).
In any case, if you want a temporary crown, you are entitled of having one. I would expect your dentist to come up with a solution: maybe a removable flipper or make a temp crown himself or even maybe referring you to a colleague who does that.
When there is a will there is a way.
hi,as its done in a hospital not a regular surgery my consultant+others who work there just say its not the way they do things (but I was not told this before the op despite what they say). I'm being forced to stay indoors another 3+mths it may not seem a long time to most people but every day is dragging so much.

I don't know how the dental system in your country works but here Nisan idea: would you consider paying a visit to a dental lab that makes removable flippers and let them do it for you without dentist ? that might be the quickest and cheapest way for aesthetic solution.

If it was for just the 1 yes but I think for them all to be covered it would be expensive,I'm not eeven sure where I'd find a dental lab.

Back