• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Fuji Triage, glass ionomer seal with fluoride.

P

Poppy1234

taking a break from the forum
Finally found someone that does this! :)
Getting it on Thursday. £40.

It's basically like a resin fissure seal, but not resin!
It's a slow releasing fluoride seal to help to arrest caries contained within enamel only.
I'll keep you posted if it works!
No guarantee it will, as decay may still form underneath if it's spread to dentine.
Though I hear even if decay has spread to surface layer of dentine, arresting caries may still be possible. ;D

So I hope to prove you don't HAVE to always get a filling just because your dentist says you have to!
If it's a small, early cavity, this may work to halt the decay.

If it fails, then no regrets, as it's always good to research things for yourself and try something that goes against convention! :thumbsup:

I'll know in 6 months if it's worked. If not, the decay won't have spread very much, so it will still be in dentine, and no deeper.

Any further info on this would be good.
I hear they aren't as strong as resin seals, but can still last over 5 years, and can constantly be recharged by using lots of fluoride on it.

This is what many Healozone dentists do with kids...probably the healozone bit isn't the most important bit. I've known it to work fine on baby teeth until exfoliation.

It sounds cool.
Thank goodness I found the white ones, as they are usually PINK!! :o
Now pink is my fave colour, but I don't want a pink tooth! Though I suppose you can see if it breaks better if it's pink...

Did you never find this page then: [out-of-date link removed]

'The bandage' is the fuji stuff.

Yeah, I read about the Healozone thing, and have emailed dentists about it.
But just as with this Fuji Triage seal and Diagnodent, most don't have it and have never even heard of it.
Not in the north of the UK anyway.
I'm sure these things are out there, but don't seem to be readily available.
I am having to drive 50 miles just to get the Fuji seal.....

Thank goodness I found the white ones, as they are usually PINK!! :o

The pink version is a glass ionomer sealant. GI that is used to restore a tooth comes in several different shades and can be color matched (not as well as resin) to your tooth.

The pink version is a glass ionomer sealant. GI that is used to restore a tooth comes in several different shades and can be color matched (not as well as resin) to your tooth.

It's def the glass ionomer seal. They said it comes in just pink and white.
White will do for me. I'm not fussy about the shade, as it's going in a wisdom tooth. ;D

Oh for goodness sake!!
I booked this for tomorrow, and the receptionist spoke with my dentist and confirmed it was ok to try it, but no guarantees it will work.

Now he emails saying he doesn't even have this seal, and wouldn't put it over ANY decay anyway...:confused:

It was recommended for me by a professor of dentistry in America, who's been advising me on a radio show I'm doing on tooth decay, & who knows the cavity might just have entered the surface of dentine, though should be just in enamel.

My dentist now says he only has the glass ionomer seal by KETAC.
Is this any good compared to Fuji Triage, which I understand releases 6 times more fluoride than any other, and can be "recharged" for months by putting fluoride on it??

Finally got this seal today, & for just £15!
Got a Ketac Molar Glass Ionomer seal.
This releases fluoride, and can be recharged with fluoride as you brush.
There is no guarantee it will work, but covering the cavity and flooding with fluoride gives it a much better chance.
Cavity was small, but had just entered dentine, so it's fingers crossed it will totally arrest decay.
I will know in 6 months.
Just thought I'd have a try!
Dentists rush you into having a filling sometimes, when maybe, if it's still small, and you're willing to keep treating it, then one of these seals will do the trick instead.
I just wanted my chance to remineralise the tooth, as my useless dentist should never have let it become a cavity.
I'll let you know if my experiment works!!

Back