• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Full Dental Extraction - Questions and help please

D

DiScRePaNcY

Afternoon All,

As the title says, I'm currently awaiting surgery to have my teeth out. I've had major issues with dentists since I was a child, have neglected my teeth over the years and have come to the point now where I'm on a waiting list to have them all out. I'm terrified beyond description and have many questions to ask and no-one to answer them. In addition to this, I'm Bi-Polar, the anxiety I'm suffering through this at present is not helping my general or mental health so I've come in search of help and answers.

Apologies if this comes across as abrupt, I have difficulties discussing dental matters, so please bar with me in that respect if you can.

Disc

Hi disc

if you go to the journal section there are plenty of people who've had their teeth out and their stories should reassure you. The anticipation is most often worse than the actuality and hopefully you'll get lots of nice drugs to ease you for the first few days post extraction. I've had teeth extracted and it didn't hurt. The dentures will probably need some settling in time though. Good luck ☺️

Hi,

if you have any specific question, feel free to ask. :)

As someone who has already been through that process and suffers severe anxiety and panic disorder, I can help answer any questions you have! But I can tell you this much already, I made it through and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be. You'll make it through too!

Best wishes :hug4:

Back