• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Funny wierd feeling where teeth are missing in jaw

M

Meliskaaa

Does anyone else get this type of feeling? Like a fuzziness type almost pins and needles but not type feeling more like a sort of tightness in lower jaw with a little bit of soreness type pain? If that makes any sense whatsover! Its mostly where my back teeth arent there anymore.

I just googled it and really wish i hadnt - the extreme being mouth cancer and the least being tmj....

I know my mouth is bad but its not as bad as it was!

Can anyone shed any light on this pls?

Your description is a bit vague, can you elaborate a bit? Are all your back teeth missing? Do you wear dentures? Can you describe what you're feeling a bit better?

sounds like the way my gums felt when I had a tooth out and after the gum has healed but where a gap is left. A kind of itchy weird feeling is what I have had when I had teeth out. It lasted for years, but only if you touch that spot. A bit like touching your forehead lightly with the tip of your finger just between the eyebrows but with a bit of a tingle and itch. I think it's just a phantom nerve type feeling. Your brain is geared to feeling a tooth there and the lack of tooth has left neurons a bit confused and at a loose end.

Back