• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is very afraid of dentistry or who suffers with dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Funny wierd feeling where teeth are missing in jaw

M

Meliskaaa

Does anyone else get this type of feeling? Like a fuzziness type almost pins and needles but not type feeling more like a sort of tightness in lower jaw with a little bit of soreness type pain? If that makes any sense whatsover! Its mostly where my back teeth arent there anymore.

I just googled it and really wish i hadnt - the extreme being mouth cancer and the least being tmj....

I know my mouth is bad but its not as bad as it was!

Can anyone shed any light on this pls?

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Your description is a bit vague, can you elaborate a bit? Are all your back teeth missing? Do you wear dentures? Can you describe what you're feeling a bit better?

A

annie778

sounds like the way my gums felt when I had a tooth out and after the gum has healed but where a gap is left. A kind of itchy weird feeling is what I have had when I had teeth out. It lasted for years, but only if you touch that spot. A bit like touching your forehead lightly with the tip of your finger just between the eyebrows but with a bit of a tingle and itch. I think it's just a phantom nerve type feeling. Your brain is geared to feeling a tooth there and the lack of tooth has left neurons a bit confused and at a loose end.