• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

GBT - Guided Biofilm Therapy

AngelCatMei

AngelCatMei

Hi all,

Anyone ever heard of Guided Biofilm Therapy? The dental clinic that I went to started to replace the traditional scaling and polishing with Guided Biofilm Therapy not too long ago. I undergo it twice and for some reason, I don't really like it.

I don't know how to describe it. It's not painful to me, but the traditional scaling and polishing is not painful for me either.

It's just that I felt like it's not as my teeth clean and gum not as healthy as compared to when doing scaling and polishing. Recently my gum started to have some inflammation despite going for regular cleaning.

Angelcatmei,

Sounds interesting but seems not as effective? Hope your inflammation goes down , can you ask to go back to regular scaling next time ? and did they tell you why they switched up? I'd be curious .

Back