• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

General Concerns

L

lleigh26

Hi.. I Hope This Doesn’t Seem Like A Daft Question To Ask But It’s Been Worrying Me..

Say If I Had A Planned Procedure With A Dentist.. & Was In The Chair.. Can A Dentist Change The Treatment Plan Halfway Through..?

Laura xx

Yes with your consent. It has to happen sometimes because things can change unexpectedly.

Thank You xx

If I am needing any treatment, my dentist usually runs through with me what she thinks she needs to do but what her plan is if she comes across something she wasn't expecting or if something changes mid-procedure and we agree on depending what it is, whether she will stop and talk It through with me or whether she will carry on and do what she feels is best and discuss after, within reason of course.

Maybe have this conversation with your dentist beforehand if it's worrying you that they might need to change things half way through so you know what to expect.

Thank You For Your Reply.. It’s Been Really Helpful.. I’m Worried Because I’m Getting An Implant And I Need The Extraction 1st But The Thought Of Not Having The Implant Placed Straight Away Is Terrifying To Me Because I Can’t Deal With The Hole Being There.. My Tongue Automatically Goes To That Spot So Having An Implant There Will Make Things Easier ( Psychologically ) xx

Back