• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Getting 1 Wisdom Tooth Removed...So Nervous!

P

phsgirl

I am 26 years old and have 2 problematic wisdom teeth (1 upper, 1 lower) on the right side. The upper one has decay in it, so although it's not currently causing problems I'm having it out. I'm getting the upper one out next Monday w/ local anesthesia and I'm so anxious. I've ony had 1 cavity so I don't remember what the shot feels like. I'm nervous about that, nervous about how much it will hurt, how much bleeding there will be, and how swollen/bruised I'll be. Anyone else had just 1 out? My anxiety is through the roof, and I want to calm down before the actual procedure. I've never had any phobia about going to the dentist, but I have a HUGE phobia re: wisdom teeth. I have read that upper extractions are easier and the recovery is better, though:)

I am sure you will be fine. I had my two upper wisdom teeth out on Friday under sedation and it was nothing like I feared it would be. I was really nervous and right up to the point I walked into the clinic wasn't sure I could go through with it. I had no bleeding that I can remember and definitely no swelling or bruising.
I hope all goes well and will be thinking of you.

Back