• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Getting dentures this morning I'm terrified.....

K

Kman8686

Having all my teeth removed and immediate dentures put in in 3 hours and i am terrified. Feel to young having this done but all my teeth are in horrible condition and even front teeth are breaking apart. I've seen the teeth and they look great but I keep second guessing myself as time gets closer am I mashing the write choice doing this. Now serious question do I gave to be worried about them falling out or anything lol scares the crap Out of me as I couldn't get time off of work and so i have today then Saturday and Sunday then I go back. I'm so scared its not gonna look right out something will go wrong :(

I had a full mouth extraction the end of March and decided to wait to get my dentures till my gums had healed , well today was the day I walked out of the dentist with my new dentures am so happy with the new looking me. So don’t worry I am sure your look great and just want to smile all the time. I have found speaking is not a problem so far , it’s just trying to eat with dentures in and feeling it against my gum so think that’s going to be a bit of getting used also get some fixodent or poligrip that will keep them in place so don’t worry about them falling out, but am sure your be happy with your new teeth today just like I am.

Kman8686

HOpe everything went well.. Its a huge step ! I had bottom partials and so many on this forum had full dentures and partials.. I hope we can help encourage you through the journey as you go along.. How did it go and how are you doing?

procedure went smoothly got the immediate dentures in and they are loose as expected. besides being a little sore and still bleeding after 6 hrs still all went well and they look great. Just have to get adjustments on them now.... was terrified but reading what other ppl went through and reading how they really liked the outcome of they're teeth helped me get through my fear of going this morning thank you everyone its great to have teeth once again and I'm not ashamed to show these pearly whites off at all lol

Glad it went well. I am young too and had all of my bottoms extracted last Monday. The anticipation was so much worse. Once the novacaine wore off i was actually talking fine. Yes eating takes some getting used to. I’m on day 11 and after having a soft reline yesterday eating is getting easier becaus the denture is less mobile. I too am so happy now that o can smile without worrying. It was the right choice without a doubt and not nearly as bad as I had imagined. Keep us posted.

Glad it went well and that your happy with your new smile it’s great isn’t it to have nice teeth and to smile with out worrying anymore