• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Getting my Invisalign aligners tomorrow & I am terrified.

• Thread starter joinedoutoffear
  • Start date
J

joinedoutoffear

Tomorrow I am getting my attachments & aligners and I'm starting to get scared. I already have anxiety about all things dental but I was actually feeling calm about getting my first set of trays till now. I was online doing some research on tips on living with Invisalign when I came across a lot of people saying they hurt and are very hard to get out without pain and this has got me all worried. Please help.

Hi,
You should expect some pressure applied on the teeth, without some pressure there is no teeth movement. If you feel too much discomfort, the dentist can release some of the pressure.

Joinedoutoffear,

I have not had invisilign myself, but one of my best friends got it like 2 months ago. at first she had some mild discomfort and getting used to it , now she is quite happy she started the process and has seen some improvement already. I don't know anymore but thought I would reassure you in any way I knew :)

Back