• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Getting my wisdom teeth removed in a week, nervous and in pain. Any suggestions???

D

duhfraidycat

I finally scheduled my wisdom teeth removal for next Monday (May 17th). I'm as nervous as can be but trying to remain calm. The problem is that my wisdom teeth are bothering me now (which is what finally pushed me to schedule the removal). I have bad cavities in 3 of the 4 wisdom teeth and the ones on the right side of my mouth are bothering me. I've been taking Tylenol every 4-6 hours, icing for 20 minutes a couple times a day, and I am taking Aleve to (hopefully) make it through the night because they woke me up several times last night. My pain isn't horrible, it's around a 3-4 out of 10 but it's definitely distracting and annoying.

Any suggestions to make it through the next week? I can't change my removal date unfortunately because of scheduling conflicts with my husband's job that only allow for us to do this on the 17th.

I'm sorry you are in pain! I know that feeling all too well. I'm not sure if this is possible, but maybe you can call your dentist and let them know you are in pain and see if they can prescribe something for you? You can also try clove oil mixed with olive oil, dip a cotton ball in it and bite on that. I used to get some relief when I had bad toothaches. I hope they stop hurting soon and good luck!! <3

I'm sorry you are in pain! I know that feeling all too well. I'm not sure if this is possible, but maybe you can call your dentist and let them know you are in pain and see if they can prescribe something for you? You can also try clove oil mixed with olive oil, dip a cotton ball in it and bite on that. I used to get some relief when I had bad toothaches. I hope they stop hurting soon and good luck!! <3

Thank you! My pain actually let up over the course of a few days, thankfully, and I haven't had any tooth pain for a couple days. The removal is tomorrow and I'm nervous but mostly just ready to get it over with. I did pick up a Red Cross toothache kit with clove oil just in case I need it in the future, seems like a great thing to keep in my first aid kit.

Back