• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Getting tooth pulled and implant put in on same day

N

NatAdams

In less than 1 week, I am getting a molar pulled (top left back molar) and an immediate implant put in.
I am terrified! I get nervous for cavity fillings, now to have this type of procedure, I am panicked!.

How painful is it during the procedure?
How long does it take?

I asked my periodontist if he could put me under for this procedure and he said no, he needs me awake.
So he is just gonna numb me up with injections.

Any information would be great!

Most periodontists don't offer IV sedation.

Can't say much on the implant...I am getting one next month, but I did have a tooth pulled with normal injections. I didn't have any pain when she was pulling the tooth just annoying pressure that was strange, but no pain.
My dentist is only doing local injections for the implant too. You could ask if they would give you a script for an anti anxiety pill for the day before you have this done, some places will. My oral surgeon did for my wisdom teeth removal...maybe that option would help you.

Good luck

Back