• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Gingivitis

S

Samereynolds

I have some inflamed gums on my left side near bottom molars. I had my teeth cleaned and they bled at first because there was tartar that needed to be removed. About a few days later my gums seemed to be fine and no longer sore. For about two weeks, my gums seemed healthier but fast forward to today, my gums have gotten a little inflamed again.

I’ve been good at brushing with electric toothbrush and flossing with water flosser. My routine hasn’t changed since my cleaning. Does it take longer for gingivitis to go away or am I doing something wrong?

The latter, sorry.
Check that you're getting all the plaque off, you can buy things called Disclosing Tablets, which will stain the plaque blue or red, then you'll see if you're missing something.

Obligatory reminiscence, it used to be a popular prank by dental students to add a couple of disclosing tablets to somebody's drink at a party :) A nice blue smile was always a hit with the ladies...

Back