• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Giving up on life

D

depressedbunny

I’m only 19 and have so many problems with my teeth. If I eventually have to get dentures I know my life will be over. No one will ever be attracted to me so I’ve basically accepted that I’m not worthy of love. I compare myself to other women everyday and wish I could have normal teeth like them. I’m just so depressed and I feel like ending it all.

I’m only 19 and have so many problems with my teeth. If I eventually have to get dentures I know my life will be over. No one will ever be attracted to me so I’ve basically accepted that I’m not worthy of love. I compare myself to other women everyday and wish I could have normal teeth like them. I’m just so depressed and I feel like ending it all.
Please don't give up I felt exactly the same as you at your age (except it took me another 12ish yrs to get the help needed I basically buried my head in the sand) have you actually been told that is likely to happen? There is always implants if you started saving,do you have anyone to talk to that knows about your issues?

Why do you think you will need dentures? Has a dentist say that?

What a sad thing to read, noordinaryloves. The most tragical thing is that while your feelings of overwhelm, desperate and hopelessness, and certainly some current difficulties in your life are very real, the assumptions your mind is making in this state, are not.
When did you learn that worthiness of love has to do with how your teeth look like?

Back