• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Glass cover of composite filling partially fell off

N

Nicola

I got a filling replaced two weeks ago on my lower canine down near the gumline (as the other one fell off). I was so nervous to go and saw a really kind and caring dentist who fixed me up in no time. That evening when I was brushing my teeth I saw a little sliver of glass caught between my gums. On close inspection it looks like it came off the filling. As there’s a ridge now but the filling is still there. Will I need to go back? And what was that? It took me so long to work up the courage to go in the first place. Also, when I got the injection to numb me my face where it was numb went all white. This disappeared after the numbness went but this never happened before if anyone knows what this was? Thanks so much

Hi did you ever find out if this was ok or not as a similar thing has happened to me

Back