• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Going back to dentist in between appointments

T

Thephilsblogbar

I made an appointment, even though I have been to the dentist 3 weeks ago (I go every 3 months) having a few issues with sensitive and a bit of pain in my mouth because of got a difficult mouth to keep clean, also my wisdom teeth are acting up and the fillings I had done years ago I think I would know if I had crack my fillings as I will be in pain 24/7

I am scared of losing my NHS dentist as I dont currently pay for treatment (this what my parents have said if I keep going to the dentist in between appointments) even though I am an adult who has a disability I still need to get this check out.

I always think is is sensible to get it check out and I think the dentist would sooner us get things checked out. I was not wrong about the abcess even though the dentist I saw decided to do a xray at the end (but no bad comments about my teeth)

I think dentist would have noticed whilst she was checking whether I had any issues with my teeth. I dont want to have my teeth out even though I have thought about doing DIY dentistry in the past) The cleaning was pretty rough even though my gums are good mainly all 2s-3s (ideally I would like them to be 1s) but I got a small narrow mouth.

I have Health Anxiety as well.

I had the same problem last year but more painful and this was due to an abcesss I did not want to go to see the dentist because I was scared but was made to go by my parents

I know it is sensible to get it checked out, like the lump/bump in the my gum I waited to see my dentist a few weeks ago when it was my checkup time (because of keep running the dentist I may lose my NHS dentist) even though this turned out to be nothing I would not be foolish to do this again.

I am worry that she will take all my teeth out, even though dentist dont like removing teeth unless needed. I am scared going back tomorrow even though I visit the dentist every three months.

Back