• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

going to dentist

I

ilovechoir07

about three weeks ago i vented on facebook how scared i was of the dentist . I havent been since i am afraid of the xrays because i gag so much . i told my friend i would go . but i havent go courage to call dentist at all. I just so scared .

:XXLhug:
Poor you. Could you perhaps phone or email a dentist surgery to explain this, and see what they suggest? It's not easy, and I am currently freaking out because I have made an appointment ith my very nice dentist.

You can be brave, and I think you are trying to get there because you've been talking about it on here and on Facebook.
:clover::clover::clover:

I still have yet to make appointmet im scared to I guess i need to Im not going unless someone makes me i know that for fact . If i had someone standing over me like a friend also how far could friend go with me into dentist office im scared

I vomit on X-rays, so I totally get it. They work with it, and I have gotten X-rays. I also have had friends be on top of me to make appointments. If you have a friend who you trust, you can try asking them to do this for you. I have a friend just remind me until I do it. Eventually I get tired of being nagged, and I do it.

i guess i keep being bugged until i go . maybe she do it for me.

Back