• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Got hit in the mouth); loose lateral incisor.

M

Merlinn

Former Member
So on Saturday my ex boyfriend broke into my apartment and decided to give me a heavy blow to the mouth. (Luckily I had my friends over while this happened) but after I got hit in the mouth it was bleeding profusely due to a major fat lip and my tooth went almost all the way through my lip. I pressed charges against him and all that stuff but my left lateral incisor is still really sore and wiggly after the fact and red and a little bloody. I can move it up and down more than back and forth and it is quite painful when I accidentally bite on it. I was in dental hygiene courses for just around a year and I know that loose adult teeth can tighten back up but I dont have dental insurance or the funds to pay for it at this time to make the trip to the dentist, which is extremely unfortunate.... I'm just curious as to how much moving is acceptable for it to be able to tighten up without a splint or a trip to the dentist and if moving up and down is a MAJOR problem. Thank you for the help a ton.

Unless the tooth is at risk to fall out then we typically don't splint traumatized teeth to adjacent teeth as it increases their likelihood of ankylosis. Don't bite on it and it may tightened up. The nerve of the tooth may also die thus requiring a root canal and a filling. A dentist needs to take an x-ray and pulp test this tooth.

Back