• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Got my fillings done

T

Thephilsblogbar

Even though I go to the dentist every three months for checkups (without fail)

I went for my two fillings today, even though I was very nervous she said don't worry you had filling(s) before. I was still embarrassed about my teeth, she said I seen a lot worst. It always best to get any treatment out the way as soon as possible.

Also asked about my gums, there are fine for my age (as I worry about if I got gum disease)

Dentist and her assistant calm me down, give me some instructions about what I need to cut out/down from my diet (my bad habits) When I went last week for an appointment because I was in pain from a cleaning from a different dentist at the practice I started straight after what I needed to cut down on.

Good techniques about humming, trying to sing whilst getting the needle in your mouth, talked about a few things. I must admit some were bad words moaning. I even was saying I am not at the dentist.

I been told also I need to try and put on a bit of weight, I need to eat more.

Have I got over my dental phobia and anxiety not really but will sooner get teeth treated than leaving them to cause more problems.

Last edited:
Even though I go to the dentist every three months for checkups (without fail)

I went for my two fillings today, even though I was very nervous she said don't worry you had filling(s) before. I was still embarrassed about my teeth, she said I seen a lot worst. It always best to get any treatment out the way as soon as possible.

Also asked about my gums, there are fine for my age (as I worry about if I got gum disease)

Dentist and her assistant calm me down, give me some instructions about what I need to cut out/down from my diet (my bad habits) When I went last week for an appointment because I was in pain from a cleaning from a different dentist at the practice I started straight after what I needed to cut down on.

Good techniques about humming, trying to sing whilst getting the needle in your mouth, talked about a few things. I must admit some were bad words moaning. I even was saying I am not at the dentist.

I been told also I need to try and put on a bit of weight, I need to eat more.

Have I got over my dental phobia and anxiety not really but will sooner get teeth treated than leaving them to cause more problems.

I congratulate you :jump:

I am also starting to get worried about my next appointment which is in July this year for a general appointment since i been on three months checkups for the last couple of years. I hate my mouth because it is small, difficult to keep clean. I still use my battery toothbrush which is much easier to use than a manual one for me.

I know it important to get problems treated as soon as possible (if needed), as if I don't it can lead to needed bridges, crowns, root canals and teeth being removed which will be more time in the dentist chair, more pain and embarrassment.

Back