• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Got to go back to the dentist :(

T

TheGeek

Had all the work that needed doing, but I noticed this morning when I brushed I have sensitivity on one, or two, of the bottom left teeth. I can also feel a sharp edge at the bottom of one of my tooth. Like a little hole. I'm sure he filled it, but I can feel it.

I'm not as bothered, they probably need filling but I'm worried that they're going to say something extreme like a root canal.

Should I wait until my extractions have healed? I'm going to book an appointment anyway, but I won't book it as an emergency so it will likely be the end of next week I get seen. The healing should be almost done by then.

I think it better to get it checked out, if the problem is small. You may get told to use sensitive toothpaste if you cannot get an appointment to next week.

I've booked an appointment. They can get me in next Friday.

I've found the offender. The tooth has some decay from the bottom, outside the tooth. Where the gum line is, there's a very small hole/crack. I can feel it with my tongue too.

On my last appointment he fixed a tooth on the other side that was doing this, he must have missed that one. I'm sure he only did 2 fillings, when there was meant to be 4. Can't be certain.

I'll have it sorted Friday :)

Bit of a strange place for a tooth to decay. I think the correct term for it is a cavity.

Good luck to you. Good thing you're getting in before it gets too bad. Keep us posted!

Back