• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Granulation Tissue Scrubbed Off By Accident

O

Occultor

Hello,

I called my oral surgeon today to confirm granulation tissue is okay and normal. He said yes. He also told me I could brush my teeth like normal since it's been a couple days over a week since I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed. On my bottom left side, there was a big thing of granulation tissue, and when I brushed my teeth I noticed a big amount of blood when I spat the stuff out. After I finished brushing I had checked my mouth and the granulation tissue was gone.

The bleeding has stopped, I'm just ultra paranoid about if I screwed up or anything. Is it okay that I accidentally brushed it off? Should I avoid my furthest molars when brushing for the next few days? Will there be more tissue to grow back? I just want to be certain to put my mind at ease.

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Occultor,

I don't think you crewed up or anything. It sounds like a common sense to me that if you eat and brush, then sometimes there can be a minor thing like this happening to the wound. When you think of cutting your finger, sometimes it starts to heal but then you did a wrong movement or so and it bleeds a bit again, until it heals entirely. I am pretty sure that your body will be able to cope with this. Extraction site closes from the bottom so just because it bleeds on the top a bit, that doesn't mean that anything goes wrong.

All the best wishes