• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Granulation tissue

J

Jgallagher

I've had in my 35 years now, 9 teeth removed so I'm familiar with the process. This time however (on a weekend of course) I'm dealing with much more pain, and swelling in the jaw and sore throat. Also the white granulation. Tissue isn't just covering the socket, it is all over the back wall next to the socket, and in the swollen area next to the cheeck were I was injected with a needle repeatedly (Really hard to get pictures) could it be infection without fever? last molar in bottomIMG_20190623_102351680.jpg

Hi jgallagher,
Can't really say much from the photo alone. However, if you only had the extraction in the last couple of days then it is too early to say if you have some sort of infection. The pain could be the start of a dry socket but also may just be due to the trauma of the extraction or injections.

Lincoln

Back