• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Grateful for second opinion

R

Raku1

I managed to get an x-ray of my extraction site! The dentist didn't see anything to worry about, 6 weeks post-extraction of upper 1st molar. He wondered if the whiter bit on the left might be a tooth fragment, but decided that it was new bone (?) being rebuilt in the two roots there (angle of the x-ray).
Would be so grateful for views from dentists - does this look ok? The site is still a bit sore and achey at times but he said it didn't look inflamed.
Thanks so much in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• X-ray.jpg
    X-ray.jpg
    528.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Socket23.jpg
    Socket23.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 9
Looks OK to me. What I would expect to see a short time after an extraction. Definitely doesn't look like any roots left.

Gordon, you're a star, thank you!
6 weeks doesn't seem "short" but I guess everything's relative.... :) BTW I just got some Difflam after seeing your comments elsewhere. Hope it helps. The friendly chemists also strongly recommended something called Periodigum, a chlorhexidine gel with clove oil and hyaluronic acid. Have you ever come across it?

No, never heard of it. I'm very wary of clove oil long term, it's quite irritating.

Difflam is good stuff. Even tastes quite nice.

Back