• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Grateful

C

Clssy

Hello,
i joined last Saturday after being told that I had two infected teeth that could not be saved and had to be extracted.
Like others fear kept me from going to the dentist. I was a new patient with this dentist,but I knew my only options were to correct the problem or continue in pain. I scheduled the appointment for Tuesday and started the prescribed medication.
i felt utterly miserable the last few days. The medication did relieve my swelling and I really didn't have too much pain. I have GERDS, and that is what bothered me the most,

i I had my teeth extracted today with usage of Twilight Sleep. I am home and have slept very little. I was prescribed pain medication BUT I have not experienced any pain. I have eaten soup and continue to sip on green tea.

I hope sharing my story gives you hope. I am actually CRYING as I type because I have not felt this good in a very long time. My next appointment is in two days and I am looking forward to it.

Stay Strong,
Clssy

Hello,
i joined last Saturday after being told that I had two infected teeth that could not be saved and had to be extracted.
Like others fear kept me from going to the dentist. I was a new patient with this dentist,but I knew my only options were to correct the problem or continue in pain. I scheduled the appointment for Tuesday and started the prescribed medication.
i felt utterly miserable the last few days. The medication did relieve my swelling and I really didn't have too much pain. I have GERDS, and that is what bothered me the most,

i I had my teeth extracted today with usage of Twilight Sleep. I am home and have slept very little. I was prescribed pain medication BUT I have not experienced any pain. I have eaten soup and continue to sip on green tea.

I hope sharing my story gives you hope. I am actually CRYING as I type because I have not felt this good in a very long time. My next appointment is in two days and I am looking forward to it.

Stay Strong,
Clssy

Hi Cissy, welcome to the forum
Sorry to hear that root canal could not save your infected teeth but glad to hear you are free of pain now. I had to have a tooth extracted a few months ago too and although it was terrifying to me I do share your relief at being pain free. Good luck at your next appointment,

Hi Cissy
so glad you went and put an end to your toothache. I too had an extraction 10days ago after suffering with pain for 6 weeks. eventually found I had a fracture and the tooth had to come out. The relief at not having pain anymore is so great! I wish you every success for your future treatment! Well done.

Back