• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Grew up never recieving dental care.

S

sbeth

I am 22 and the first time I have ever been to the dentist was 2 weeks ago. My parents never bothered taking us and after I turned 18 I was uninsured. I spent a few years dreading going for fear of costs and also that they were going to rip my teeth all out. However, now that I have insurance I decided to be brave and just do it. So I went and the results were not nearly as bad as I anticipated. I needed a few small fillings (the first of which I recieved yesterday). My dentist was extremely kind to me and didnt make me feel like a bad or gross person. She explained everything she was doing as she went along. She broke up my filling appointments into 2 to lessen the anxiety/discomfort. Yesterday she did a single shallow filling on my top back molar on the left side of my mouth. She used gel to numb my gum then used a needle to slowly inject the local anaesthesia. She used a composite filling (as thats all her office uses) and it was not too bad. I go back in for my next appointment next week where she will fill the few on the bottom. She also is putting sealant on a few of my teeth to prevent decay into cavities. Has anyone else had an experience similar to this? If so and you have not been I suggest doing research on the best dentists and reaching out like I did. She comoletely understood my situation and was very kind and compassionate.

Congratulations!

I got the sealant. It was perfectly fine.

Well done sbeth! Congratulations on taking the first step and carrying on with your journey. Keep us posted :respect:

Sbeth,

What a great testimony of taking such a brave step and facing your dental fears and finding such kind compassionate help !! wow.. What a blessing ..Hope all your appointments go well .. this is so great to hear!! you are incredibly brave!

Back