• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Gross I know...

T

thanksinadvance

Hi, basically I'd like to know what is going on in my mouth and is it dangerous?

I think I already know the answer to the last questions, but here goes....

I had a filling fall out of one of my bottom teeth and it left a sizable hole there. At first it was painful, but that has gone away for the most part as long as I don't jam a hard piece of food down there. But, whenever I eat now, on the side of my gum line below the tooth forms a bump, (gross part) with some type of puss in it. Kinda like a zit on my gum line. I'm able to push on the bump and extract the puss (which I'm sure is not good), but this happens everytime I chew on that side of my mouth.

I know I need to get it fixed/pulled but am I in any danger? And why does the bump form?

Thanks in Advance,

I get these types of abssesses on my rotten mouth all the time. The puss is the infection and b/c you are able to pop it (like I always do) the pain isn't bad at all. Trust me this will not last forever and you will be in severe pain. Your not in any immediate danger according to my dentist but its not healthy and can cause minor issues like sore throats and upset stomach from swallowing the infection.

I know its easier said than done but you should get it taken care of as soon as you feel your able to. If thats all thats wrong in your mouth consider yourself lucky lol:)

The bump could indicate that the tooth is abscessed and is draining through the bone to the gum creating the swelling there. As long as it's not too bad there shouldn't be too much danger unless it flares up, spreads to a bad place, etc. Once you have the tooth treated, hopefully it should go away.

Thats good news, overall. Thanks for the replies!

Back