• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

GUM DISEASE,FRONT TOOTH FELL OUT,TERRIFIED HELP!

Re: I'VE MADE THE APPOINTMENT..!!! HELP

GOOD LUCK :XXLhug: Is it a new Dentist ?

I'll be thinking of you. Let me know how it goes ? Are u going alone ?

It's a new dentist no idea what to expect..!!

My hubby is going with me (he's just finished working a night shift as well!!)

I'll be back..!!!! :cry:

Jools
xx

Good luck :XXLhug: I also seeing a new dentist,so also duno what to expect.

I'm sure it will go ok :XXLhug:

If I'm right, you're having your appointment right now. I'm thinking of you and hope everything is going well. Let us know how it went. Fingers crossed.

How did it go ? Hope it went okay :XXLhug:

Hi everyone.

I'M BACK...!!!! :jump: :party:

Well, whew, where do I start...sat in waiting room, almost in tears and by the time I made it to the dentist..I promptly burst into tears..!! :cry: But what a lovely lady..she calmed me down and tried to get to the bottom of why I hadn't visited a dentist before, she must have thought I was barmy because I couldn't answer for blubbing!!! She promised me time and time again that she would never hurt me and told me how brave I was..!! :confused:

Turns out, I don't need as much done as I thought!! A couple of fillilngs, extraction from the gum line and my missing front tooth ?? I'm having a plate fitted this Friday...!! :jump:

The relief is amazing, I've turned a corner, found a great dentist and not felt afraid to have a good blub to her. I am recommending her as a phobic friendly dentist, she is lovely and promised that I can have everything done in MY time, she won't rush, obviously the front tooth is an exception, because it looks so bad, with it missing, so this Friday's the next visit. She even said that my teeth were not too bad at all!! When she asked me what I'd been doing the weekend, I just said "Worrying..!"

I've Done IT...!!!!!!! If I can ANYONE can..!!(Original dental coward as I am) Though I'm bound to be fretting again come Friday !!

:cloud9:

Jools
xx

Congratulations! :jump: :cheers:
You ARE brave. I'm so glad it went such well. I'm sure the rest of the appointments will be allright as well. Once you find a great caring dentist everything is different, isn't it?

I'm so so glad to hear how relieved you're feeling. It's one of the best feelings in the world, and I look forward to feeling it myself sometime in the near future! You must be so proud of yourself! What a lovely dentist you have ended up with! She sounds very understanding and patient. :grouphug: :XXLhug: :hug2:

Go and treat yourself and do fun things, don't think about Friday if you can help it! At least you now know you will be in the kind, caring and capable hands of a lovely dentist :)

CONGRATS!!! :jump: :cheers:

Yes,how did it go?I was reading your post,this morning,but had to fly out before I could offer encouragement.Hope you're feeling ok xx

Sorry,didn't realise there was a second page(i'm a bit new,forgive me!).I'm so glad it went well for you and hope I have as much luck when I go.Well done :jump:

Jools! thats amazing, i am so pleased for you :jump:
you are so lucky to find a caring dentist to put you at ease, and isn't it great you havn't got to have as much done as you thought!! :cheers:
let us know how you get on with treatment!! xx

Thank you all..!!

As I said before, if it wasn't for all of you out there, I couldn't have done it!! :-* I couldn't have even picked up the phone (Was it only really last Friday I logged on ?!)

Here's to Friday, my next visit and my journey to a better smile...

Good luck to Issy tommorow, you'll be absolutely fine, now I know..my thoughts are with you..

Jools
xxxx :XXLhug:

Congrats Jools! I hope you're as proud of you as I am. I can hardly wait to hear about your next success on Friday.

The Other Me

jools said:
Hi everyone.

Turns out, I don't need as much done as I thought!! A couple of fillilngs, extraction from the gum line and my missing front tooth ?? I'm having a plate fitted this Friday...!! :jump:

The relief is amazing, I've turned a corner, found a great dentist and not felt afraid to have a good blub to her.
Jools
xx
You'll have got my PM by now Jools, and now I've managed to catch up on your postings. See, it always turns out that way, you worry and worry and think you must have the worst teeth that any dentist has ever seen, and it ends up that you don't have half as much to have done as you had thought. And isn't it a wonderful feeling, that sense of relief. After my first appointment, I felt like a new person, such was the burden I had carried around for so many years about my dental phobia and knowing that one day I would have to face my fear and get something done. Of course, you now have to face the treatment, but the worst is over, you're at the start of your journey. I am so proud of you, as you must be of yourself. And isn't it wonderful too, to be able to say the words, "my dentist". :grouphug:

Hi SS,

You were so right all along, now its MY turn to convince the others the same !!what a relief.

Anyway, how did you do today ? I know a few of us were visting dentist today, we're all still here to tell the tale, so that's good :jump:

Thank you so much for you rsupport... :XXLhug:

Jools
xx

I'll be posting in my journal as soon as I've caught up with everyone else - there's so much to read! :hug2:

How did it go today ? Hope it was ok :)

THANK YOU EVERYBODY - MY TREATMENT IS OVER..!!!

Hello everyone..!!

My journey is over already..!!!! :jump:

Last Friday I was a gibbering terrified wreck when my awful infected top front tooth fell out. I spent the whole Bank Holiday weekend in floods of tears :cry: as well as looking dreadful without my top tooth!!
I called a dentist on Tuesday and got an emergency appontment at 11.15 that morning, not knowing what to expect, I shared my horrific fears and concerns here on this forum, I got more support than I could ever have imagined :grouphug: I was lucky, my new dentist was a fantastic young lady who held my hand as I sobbed in the chair, she promised faithfully that she would never hurt me and guess what ?...she never did.

My second appointment was today at 3pm to just get my new top tooth fitted as I thought..!! The new tooth was on a tiny plate which snugly fitted against the roof of my mouth. Then she said " Well, Julie, you're here now. how about we sort the rest out today!!?" (crafty move) The 'rest' being a gumline extraction, deep cleaning and fillings!! I was so shocked I just dumbly nodded my head and said "ok"

3 Novocaine injections later into my lower gum (I hardly felt a thing, just a slight sharp stab, but not painful) while that was numbing, she set to working with the deep cleaning. WOW !!! Nothing like it used to be, quite a pleasant feeling really all in all AND she cosmetically fills in a gap in one of my top front teeth!!!! Then..all that done she said "You should be numb right now, shall we get rid of those roots..!" Once again a dumb nod of the head, seconds later she's putting my new tooth back in, passing me a mirror and saying "What do you think?" MY GOD..!!! Perfect teeth !!! ;D I couldn't thank this lovely lady enough, my faith in dentsists is restored..!! Expecting the worse, I quietly ask.."When do I have to come back......?" "See you in 6 months..!!" :jump:

She has completed my journey in less than a week...and I thank God I found her (NHS as well) My husband couldn't believe his eyes when I walked back into the waiting area, showing a dazzling smile (though still very numb) . Now I know , THERE ARE GOOD KIND DENTISTS OUT THERE. :-*

I'm sticking on this forum in the hope that I can help others just like me.

You have all been a Godsend to me...thank you from the bottom of my heart :XXLhug: :cloud9:

Jools
xxxxx

Re: THANK YOU EVERYBODY - MY TREATMENT IS OVER..!!

Oh WOW  :jump: WELL  DONE YOU  :jump:
That's amazing  :) You are soooo brave. I could never get all that done in 1 appointment !  :o

You are so lucky your Treatment is now over  :)

U are so brave having Injections , something which i'm terrified about

Well done  ;D   I can't even sit in the Dentist Chair,without being hysterical with fear  :shame: I suppose everyone's different & i'll get there eventually :(

Re: THANK YOU EVERYBODY - MY TREATMENT IS OVER..!!

Hi Issy,

I was no different to you whatsoever, if you could have seen me crying hysterically at this woman Tuesday, you would have thought I'd lost the plot completely!! :scared:

I think it was the element of suprise that got me!! I had no time to think about it , she just said "Let's go for it..!" I had everything done in 20 minutes. The whole of the treatments cost £179.00!!

I also HATE injections with a vengeance !! I can honestly say other than a small stab I never felt a thing..!! She just said "Close your eyes now..! and it was done and I had at least 3 injections, no pain at all, believe me I am a complete phobic when it comes to dentists...but no more..I'll always feel a little nervous, that's normal..but never again will I feel so bad again...and I thank her for it.

You will suprise yourself, I too had a deep clean, no problem at all, and well, you should see my new (almost) Hollywood smile..It was well worth it..!!

You too will be absolutely fine, I am sure....you've already took the biggest, bravest step...we're all with you..every step of the way..

Love

Jools
xx

Back