• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

GUM DISEASE,FRONT TOOTH FELL OUT,TERRIFIED HELP!

Re: THANK YOU EVERYBODY - MY TREATMENT IS OVER..!!

Didn't you have any Numbing Gel,before the Injections ? :scared:

Wow you sure found a great dentist and are so lucky to have not needed extensive work
Have a great weekend and celebrate, you deserve it.

Posted a message to you on my journal as that was the one I read first. Well done indeed Jools. We're all proud of you, as you should be of yourself, and how lucky that already it's all over. :jump:

Hi,

Thanks SS, my mouth feels a little odd and I'm talking a bit funny, but nothing too terrible!!

I didn't have any numbing gel for the injections at all and I can truly say that I couldn't really feel that much...

Still keep looking in the mirror and grinning widely like the Cheshire cAt..!!! ;D

Love

Jools
xxx

jools said:
Hi,

Thanks SS, my mouth feels a little odd and I'm talking a bit funny, but nothing too terrible!!

[highlight]I didn't have any numbing gel for the injections at all and I can truly say that I couldn't really feel that much...[/highlight]

Still keep looking in the mirror and grinning widely like the Cheshire cAt..!!! ;D

Love

Jools
xxx
WOW No Numbing Gel  :o I couldn't ever have an injection without Numbing Gel !
even at the doctor i have numbing gel !

way to go Jools :cheers:You're an inspiration to all of us.I feel like I too want to stay on the forum even when I (finally) get thru with my treatments.Best wishes PP

puppypusher said:
way to go Jools :cheers:You're an inspiration to all of us.I feel like I too want to stay on the forum even when I (finally) get thru with my treatments.Best wishes  PP
Nothing wrong in doing that, because having gone through the treatment is an inspiration to those about to start. My treatment is over now, except for one or two check ups to come, but I fully intend staying around to put in my twopence worth. Might not be as often as I'm getting busy with work now that summer's over and the new term starts in a week or so, but I'm not that easy to get rid of! :grouphug:

Thanks Puppypusher,

I feel really strongly that all of us near ending our treatment should stick around for those just starting out or considering it, rather than just dissapearing into cyberspace once we are ok again.

I class you all as my friends.....thank :XXLhug: you

Jools
xxx

On behalf of the moderators, you are warmly welcomed to stick around as long as you want....we have busy lives too but there are always newbies on the forum needing support and advice.......and people who have shared the fear (maybe still do) and completed treatment are the best ones to help.

Thanks to you all for all your posts so far.
:grouphug:

Oh No Here We Go Again!!!!!

Well, I'm back here again..having spent a quiet few months on the dentist front, I am once again in pain..I found myself a lovely dentist last year and after having treatment, including extraction, new front tooth, etc...I felt so proud of myself..Well guess what ? I'm not even due my 6 monthly check up yet, when last week I broke off part of my tooth and filling at the back of my mouth..no pain until last Friday when I bit down a little too hard and ...oh my god...the pain almost knocked me off my feet..since when I've been living on saltwater mouthwashes and lots of painkillers...so once again the fear has returned as bad as ever..added to which I have the dreaded 'flu bug' so even plucking up courage to get this sorted in "THE CHAIR" is impossible as I can hardly breath when I lie back...so here I am again , searching for encouragement from you lovely people, whilst also sneezing, coughing and bleary eyed from no sleep...!!!!

Help...!!!!!

Jools

Re: Oh No Here We Go Again!!!!!

Oh, sorry to hear about it. :( But the good thing is that you already have your lovely dentist. Can you call him/her to make an appointment for let's say next week (depends on how you feel like) and ask for some advice what you can do until you are able to have the treatment?

Sending healing vibrations. :XXLhug:

Jools
You know what you have to do...why let history repeat itself? You said it yourself, you have got a lovely :-*dentist, so make an appointment now because if you don't go as an emergency, you may well have to wait a while anyway.
You can do it...and once you get there....you will be reminded why you were happy there last time and the fears will go down to more manageable levels again.....the more positive experiences you have, the easier it gets.

Hope you are not in too much pain...get well soon from the cold/flu thingy and go see your nice dentist...they are there to help. :grouphug:

WHO is your dentist, and are they anywhere near me?:thumbsup:

Hi Jools,

So sorry to hear about your tooth and that you are battling the flu! Several of my friends have gotten it and said it was rather nasty this year. (Knock wood, I've avoided it so far!)

As the others have said, it's best to get it taken care of before it turns into something bigger. It may be a quick and easy fix. I do understand about not being able to go when you are feeling poorly so hopefully you'll soon be on the mend and can make an appointment to get it sorted out.

Lucky for you to already have a great dentist! ;)

Let us know how you are doing!

:grouphug:
Pam

Hi Jools, its always nice to see old friends again but obviously not so nice to hear you've got problems. Hope the flu goes soon, it can really take its toll of you and of course, you can't get any treatment while you've got it. So, all the best, welcome back and of course lots of us old'uns are still around as well as lots of newbies to support you all the way.:grouphug:

Hi everyone..and thanks for your support once more..!!

Scared Susan - my Dentist is in Henley in Arden, called Total Dental, I always see the young female doctor, she is lovely, it's not her I'm afraid of, it's "The Chair.." and the feeling of not being in control at all....oh I'm off again, worrying...!!

So...my dental journey starts afresh...I'm determined that once I'm rid of this flu bug I WILL make that appointment..."an hour in the chair is not worth weeks of agonising pain !" I keep telling myself..and hearing the thoughts that you have all sent my way, once more keep me going..bless you all..

I'll let you all know as soon as I have made "THE APPOINTMENT !!"

PS Does anyone know, (other than the obvious), the reason you can't have treatment when you have the flu / cold virus? I presumed that it's because you can't breathe too easy when you lie back..or is it something more clinical ? (Forgive my ignorance !!)

Love

Jools
xx

I do believe its because the dentist doesent want to get sick and lose money but I am mostlikely wrong:p. There does seem to be alot of us with the flu, me, you, and Gordon are all sick at the same time it seems to be running rampant everywhere.:sick:

One big reason I can think of is that if I were your dentist I wouldn't want to catch your flu! I presume that is another of the reasons to be on the serious side. So let's hope you get better quickly but in any event there's no reason why you can't get your appointment booked now for when you're better. Sooner in, sooner out and out of pain again.

Hi Jools,

I hope you're feeling a bit better by now.
How horrible to be dealing with the flu and another pending dental visit :(

When I was around 16 or so, I was just getting over a cold and to my horror, my Mom decided to keep my checkup appointment. She figured I was pretty much dried up and my Mom ALWAYS stuck to the appointments.

While I was getting a cleaning, I could feel the nasty mucous portion of the cold (sorry that's sooo graphic lol) playing up again. So after the cleaning was all done, the dentist came into to do his "check" (after I had stalled as long as I possibly could haha) and as he was doing it, he made a face and then commented to the hygenist "it must be cold season eh?" and then walked out of the room (he never ever said anything except if there was something wrong and even then he never said it to me, he always said it to the hygenist as if I wasn't even present).

I was so embarassed and that will forever now be my reason for not going to the dentist at the slightest hint of illness lol :)

Good luck, I'm thinking of you! :)

Thanks everyone..!!!

Kayte, that's definitely gave me a major reason not to go..!!! So while I'm still snivelling like a warthog, I'll take lots of painkillers and teething gel to keep me going...!!! I only hope (as stupid as it may sound!) that the pain doesn't go when the cold goes, because I know that it will make it harder still to make "The Appointment" but with all of you here behind me no doubt I'll do it..!!

Thankyou again to all of you....I'll keep posting..but for now I'm off to bed with a hot water bottle, lots of tissues... not forgetting my teething gel of course...!!! Still at least I have work to look forward to in the morning..!!

Love

Jools
xxx

Back