• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Gum flap surgery? Experiences? Knowledge? Etc.?

C

Cheebsxo

Hi everyone. I am unsure of whether or not I’ll get a reply, but here goes!

I have experienced oral health issues for years, ever since childhood. I have also undergone root and scaling procedures for a few years, and am scheduled to see my dentist on August 6th. Although my gums had seemed to be making progress, I am once again experiencing issues.

I have mobility in a few of my teeth (front right and bottom row), bleeding gums, gums pulling away from teeth (bottom 2/3 teeth), and most likely deeper pockets as they do not grip my teeth tightly.

I am really wanting to know if gum flap surgery would be in my best interest, to get rid of diseased tissue and stimulate growth. However, I do not quite understand how it works, recovery time, and have seen little to no experiences with it on this site.

Any advice, knowledge, or experience is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Cheebsxo,

sorry to see that you didn't get any replies so far. I sadly don't know anything about flap surgery so I can't give you any advice to that, however wanted to wish you good luck at the dentist today. May he have some answers for you regarding this.

All the best wishes and let us know how your today's visit went

I had it and am very glad to have done so.

Day 4 was slightly uncomfortable but more in an interesting way, than painful.

Have plenty of soft food ready.

Back