• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Gum infection, really scared

H

Hannahc0521

My four bottom lower teeth are sensitive at the gum line. I figured it was from me grinding my teeth so just kind of working on pain relief. I noticed my teeth looked more receeded than usual and I poked at the back of my teeth and some white stuff and blood poured out.

I am freaking out. I cant go to a dentist right now as I have my kids. I dont want to lose my teeth, I am really scared.

Hannahc0521,

It sounds scary to see that coming out. Hoping it is not as bad as it looks for you. Also I can really understand having kids and having your options limited as to when you can get out and take care of things. Maybe an emergency dental office has some after hours that might be more convenient for when you have a sitter ? Let us know how things go.

Hannahc0521,

It sounds scary to see that coming out. Hoping it is not as bad as it looks for you. Also I can really understand having kids and having your options limited as to when you can get out and take care of things. Maybe an emergency dental office has some after hours that might be more convenient for when you have a sitter ? Let us know how things go.
I managed to find a babysitter last minute though it's going to cost me. I'm just terrified my teeth will fall/be pulled

I hope they can give you some relieving news that this is temporary and can be fixed easier than you think! Most of the time, things aren't nearly as bad as we imagine.. hoping this is the case for you! HOpe they treat you kindly and gently as well.

I hope they can give you some relieving news that this is temporary and can be fixed easier than you think! Most of the time, things aren't nearly as bad as we imagine.. hoping this is the case for you! HOpe they treat you kindly and gently as well.
I'm just nervous if I'll need a gum graft or not too. The gums are pretty receeded now, I didnt catch the infection in time. My teeth dont feel loose I dont think. But thank you, I'm really scared :/

:grouphug:Let us know how it goes!

Hi Hannahc0521,

glad you can get to a dentist finally.
It takes a lot for a tooth to fall out, even wobbly teeth (which you do not have) are not that easy to fall out or to be removed (see Gordon's reply to the thread here). Receded gums can happen for many reasons (included clenching) and have nothing to do with whether your teeth stay where they are or not. You mentioned you had deep scaling some time ago and that your gums didn't feel right so seeing a dentist sounds like a good idea (my heart goes to you with the cost, I wished dentistry would be more affordable in US).
Again, it is very improbable that you will lose your teeth - if there was any chance, your dentist / hygienist would have had a chat with you about options already as you are obviously attending.

All the best wishes and let us know how it went

Hi Hannahc0521,

glad you can get to a dentist finally.
It takes a lot for a tooth to fall out, even wobbly teeth (which you do not have) are not that easy to fall out or to be removed (see Gordon's reply to the thread here). Receded gums can happen for many reasons (included clenching) and have nothing to do with whether your teeth stay where they are or not. You mentioned you had deep scaling some time ago and that your gums didn't feel right so seeing a dentist sounds like a good idea (my heart goes to you with the cost, I wished dentistry would be more affordable in US).
Again, it is very improbable that you will lose your teeth - if there was any chance, your dentist / hygienist would have had a chat with you about options already as you are obviously attending.

All the best wishes and let us know how it went
That makes me feel better. I'm currently stuck in traffic and going to be late, they said it's fine but I'm praying they will still see me

Just had an xray, she told me before it that it didnt look to bad. But she told me theres dark areas in the gums around the teeth and she needed to get the doctor. :(

Hope you get some good news from the Dr.!

So apparently I need 2 root canals and 2 crowns. No infection so I guess the pus was all in my head idk.....this dentist was a little rude. Not believing my pain. I just want to go home

The nerves in the bottom 2 front teeth are dying, so root canal and crowns for both. I have 0 insurance

The nerves in the bottom 2 front teeth are dying, so root canal and crowns for both. I have 0 insurance

That must be very worrying for you, sorry to hear this. Do you like your dentist? It sounds like you may not trust him 100pc. Is there a way that he could work out a treatment/payment plan for you to spread the cost? If he isn't willing, or you don't want to have him do the work you need, maybe you can do some research and find another dentist who would be willing to talk to you about options. There is usually always a way around these things, a way of getting the treatment you need done in a way that works for you.
Feel free to talk to us and find support here, we all know how scary and overwhelming dental treatment can be ?

That must be very worrying for you, sorry to hear this. Do you like your dentist? It sounds like you may not trust him 100pc. Is there a way that he could work out a treatment/payment plan for you to spread the cost? If he isn't willing, or you don't want to have him do the work you need, maybe you can do some research and find another dentist who would be willing to talk to you about options. There is usually always a way around these things, a way of getting the treatment you need done in a way that works for you.
Feel free to talk to us and find support here, we all know how scary and overwhelming dental treatment can be ?
I'm just so upset. I got my deep cleaning like a month ago how did the nerves die in my teeth so quick? I almost want to go compare x rays to see if they missed it. I dont have 4300 dollars and def wont have it by friday :( idk what to do. I'm just crying in the parking lot I feel so lost :/

I'm just so upset. I got my deep cleaning like a month ago how did the nerves die in my teeth so quick? I almost want to go compare x rays to see if they missed it. I dont have 4300 dollars and def wont have it by friday :( idk what to do. I'm just crying in the parking lot I feel so lost :/

Oh no, I'm so sorry for you, I wish I could give you a hug-I know exactly what you're going through at this point.
I don't know how that could happen so quickly or if it was just missed, maybe one of the dentists here could answer that for you. Do you feel confident enough to speak to the dentist about all of this; your confusion, your anxiety, your concerns about the costs involved and the timing also?

PS. Do you have to go back on Friday for treatment?

I have to cancel. I can't get 4300 but friday

I'm sure that nothing that needs to be done is that urgent; please don't let this situation ruin your new year; just give yourself a bit of time and then start to make a plan on what to do next; there IS a way?

Back