• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Gum pulling away from second lower molar with pus

AngelCatMei

AngelCatMei

My gum at the back of my mouth, second lower molar, have feeling weird lately.

Sometimes when I push against the back gum, there will be pus coming out. I did consult my dentist 2 days ago, she told me there is indeed little pus coming out from the gum line and she thought it was due to wisdom tooth but I reminded her that I already have wisdom tooth surgery years ago therefore she reassure me that it will be fine. Just keep brushing.

But here I am wondering is it due to gum issues or perhaps it is due to another rare case of having another wosdom tooth? It is scary when I pulled the gum back, it will actually pulled away from my tooth and there seems to be gum pocket while the other side gum seems firm.

Seriously think you need to go back to your dentist... this sounds like a periodontal abscess, it's easy enough to treat once it's diagnosed. It's usually caused by a bit of food getting pushed down the neck of the tooth during (somewhat exuberant) chewing :) Seen it once caused by a bit of fish bone, but apple/pear skins are good for it too

Seriously think you need to go back to your dentist... this sounds like a periodontal abscess, it's easy enough to treat once it's diagnosed. It's usually caused by a bit of food getting pushed down the neck of the tooth during (somewhat exuberant) chewing :) Seen it once caused by a bit of fish bone, but apple/pear skins are good for it too
Thank you so much for replying, appreciate it! My gum no longer have pus and I noticed that my second lower molar are now fully erupted (it was once semi wrapped up by my gum). Perhaps that was why it was causing discomfort and have some pus as it was erupting? Do you think that is possible?I will definitely monitor it till my next appointment with my Ortho (she's my dentist too). I have been suspecting that it was another extra wisdom tooth.

I just went to another dentiat at our health-care center. I mentioned it to her is it possible that it could be another wisdom tooth coming out and she said is those kind of cases are rare.

She measured my gum pocket and she said it is not deep and she don't see any pus too. She told me that this kind of issues is usually common as most people here have their second molar semi not erupted. It is called gum pocket and everyone have one, it is just how deep it is. For mine is a case of inflammation therefore she injected some medicine (something like mouthwash) into my gum pocket and told me I will be fine as long as I keep it clean. The most important thing is keep the food out of the pocket.

I will continue using waterpik and mouthwash. Hopefully it will resolve soon as seeing gum pulling away from tooth when I pull my gum away is indeed a scary thing. I'm glad I found this dentist as she is very attentive and she listen to my concern well.

Thank you everyone for your concern and replies! Definitely appreciate it

Back