• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Gum swelling on roof of mouth side.

C

cricket0148

Ok.. so we all know i need full dentures and right now finances and credit are a HUGE problem. i have a tooth that broke at the gumline years ago and i know i have periodontal disease... no questions there. I have what feels like a gum boil or pocket of some sort on the roof of my mouth side over top of that broken tooth. when i brushed, it bled... not alot but bled. Before we say, i need to be seen by a dentist, is there anything i can do on my end at home? Ive been using saltwater rinses and its not as bad today. i still feel the little lumpy thing but not as bad.

Hi I am going to say that you do need to see a dentist.

To answer your question, keep up the saltwater rinses, it sounds like an abscess and it also sounds like it has drained. It will full up again without treatment. It doesn't sound like it is causing you pain at the moment which is good but it probably will in time.

I hope it doesn't cause you any problems until you can get to see the dentist. There isn't much else you can do other than what you are doing at the moment. :butterfly:

Back