• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Gums & teeth question before cleaning - worried.

conqueringfears

conqueringfears

Hi!! Oh it’s been a while. I hope you all are well. I have attached a photo of my gums and teeth for reference below.

- My bottom gum lines are not even. If you look closely one of my bottom front teeth has a much lower gum line than the other. Is this normal? What can it mean? So worried it means receding or disease.
- Same with an upper tooth. One of my “canines” has a higher gum line than the other. Why is this? This canine specifically has lots of sensitivity to hot and cold.
- My gums bleed so easily. Is this normal? They’re also puffy. Is this ever normal?
- On the bottom gums, I have some discoloration, or my gums look purple-ish, brown and red. Is this normal?

Any input on the overall health of my gums and teeth here would be so helpful. I have a cleaning Monday and I’m so worried for bad disease news or something bad with my gums. 😞

Attachments

• A4A44641-C53F-4634-80A5-C8353D513E6D.jpeg
    A4A44641-C53F-4634-80A5-C8353D513E6D.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 19
My bottom gum lines are not even. If you look closely one of my bottom front teeth has a much lower gum line than the other. Is this normal? What can it mean? So worried it means receding or disease.
Perfectly normal.

- Same with an upper tooth. One of my “canines” has a higher gum line than the other. Why is this? This canine specifically has lots of sensitivity to hot and cold.
It's fine, just the way you're made :)
The sensitivity is nothing to worry about but you should treat it with some desensitising toothpaste.

- My gums bleed so easily. Is this normal? They’re also puffy. Is this ever normal?
No for both. You have some mild gingivitis. The cleaning will help and hopefully the hygienist will show you what you're doing wrong so you can maintain things better yourself in the future.

- On the bottom gums, I have some discoloration, or my gums look purple-ish, brown and red. Is this normal?
Yes.

@Gordon thank you so much! I will definitely ask about the gingivitis and what I can be doing differently. I floss, but not nearly enough. I will get advice on that. This has been helpful. Thank you.

Back