• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with an extreme fear of the dentist or dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Gums won’t stop bleeding after oral prophylaxis

C

citylights

After my dental cleaning my teeth were fine. There has been minor bleeding which is expected. However after 24 hrs my tooth bled a lot. I rinse with salt water and brush the clot softly to remove it. I am not sure if I should do that. I am just so scared. And when i wake up my mouth is full of blood and there is another clot. I don’t think the bleeding stop. Every time i sleep i wake with blood clot on one tooth. I contacted my dentist and she said it is normal and it will bleed for a few more days but i can drink pineapple juice so the gums can heal quickly. Is this normal? I am so scared to sleep. Should i remove the blod clot? Please advise. It really TERRIFIES ME A LOT!!

Attachments

• C60972DE-461E-4690-893F-38A5817505F9.jpeg
    C60972DE-461E-4690-893F-38A5817505F9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
J

jadon77

No, do not touch the clot. It's trying to settled and start the healing process.

C

citylights

@jadon77 thanks for your reply! For some reason, it did stop the bleeding. I left the clot as is. So maybe i’ll just wait until it falls off on its own.