• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Had a tooth extraction- Should I be worried?

S

ShisuiUchiha

Hi there, today at around 11:50am I had a tooth extraction of my first molar. All went well, I came home and after the numbness went I was able to eat a sandwich, however when it came to eating dinner (I had chicken and rice) I seem to have gotten what looks like 2 pieces of rice stuck in the middle of the place where my tooth extraction was, I've tried rinsing with a mouthwash I was given from the dentist, but it wouldn't budge! I don't know if it's a couple pieces of rice, or where it's started to heal a little bit, I haven't had any pain at all today, but I'm worried that the rice or whatever it is is going to affect how it heals.

Should I be worried, or should I just leave it to see how it goes??

Not sure how to upload pictures onto the website so uploaded to a image hosting website. Here's a link. https://m.imgur.com/xy6liuy

I can't diagnose you (and I'm not a dentist anyway) but the blood clot is usually yellow-white in color, so it may be that. If it was something else, it probably would have been removed by rinsing. Be gentle with the extraction site, watch out for increasing pain and/or a fever, and you'll be fine.

I can't diagnose you (and I'm not a dentist anyway) but the blood clot is usually yellow-white in color, so it may be that. If it was something else, it probably would have been removed by rinsing. Be gentle with the extraction site, watch out for increasing pain and/or a fever, and you'll be fine.

Thanks, you've eased my mind a little was worried if it was food that it might end up affecting how it heals?

Yeah I'd just rinse with the salt water like they say a few times and watch it. hopefully it flushes out if there is anything in there. i know i'm always worried about getting stuff stuck in extraction sites and get really psyced up about it. its hard not too. hope all is well :)

Thank you. At the moment no signs of pain, and I've been trying to rinse it out but not signs of leaving, I've been reading online and apparently it doesn't affect the healing process, hopefully that's right :)

It won't effect the healing process, you heal from the inside out so any bits of food would be pushed out. If you rinse soon after eating you should be fine. :butterfly:

Back