• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

had a wisdom tooth extracted need answers

K

kaitlin4599

ok i had a tooth extracted i beleive it was tooth #17 it was the last tooth in the lower left side of my jaw it wasnt impacted it just needed to be extracted.i had the tooth removed on the 15th of this month and today while looking in my mouth after using my mouth wash i noticed some white stuff inside the socket where the tooth used to be what is this white stuff and is my socket healing ok also how long does it take for an extraction site to heal?

lastly i do feel minor pain where the tooth used to be i dont think its dry socket because the pain isnt excruciating nor does the pain shoot up the side of my mouthso what i want to know is

1 what is the white stuff in my socket
2 how long will it take for the hole to heal and close up
3 why do i feel minor pain and is this normal

The white stuff is good it shows you are healing and it should be there, I have forgotten what it is called, I think it is granulation tissue or something like that.

A little bit of pain or aching is normal.

You should be feeling better within the next few days and the hole will close soon too, it takes different times for different people.

You do sound as if you are healing well and haven't any problems.

I am not a dentist this is only my opinion from my own experiences and also reading on here. If you do get bad pain or a nasty taste in your mouth or even if you are worried then do contact your own dentist and let them advise you. :butterfly:

Back